Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Sites when you visit certain parts of Our Sites and/or when you use certain features of Our Sites. Details of the Cookies used by Our Sites are set out in section 13, below;
means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Sites. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 and/or the EU Regulation 2016/679 ? the General Data Protection Regulation (?GDPR?); and
means UK Accommodation Ops Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 08124207 the registered address being Unit 20/21 Cavern Walks Mathew Street, Liverpool, England, L2 6RE and its related companies including without limitation holding companies, subsidiary companies and sister companies under the control of the shareholders of UK Accommodation Ops Limited.
Information About Us
- We own and operate Our Sites.
- Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Data Protection Officer, UK Accommodation Ops Limited, Unit 20/21 Cavern Walks Mathew Street, Liverpool, England, L2 6RE
What Does This Policy Cover?
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to be forgotten ? i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK?s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner?s Office.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner?s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
What Data Do We Collect?
- Name including family member, friend and colleague names who are part of your booking;
- contact details (address, telephone number and email address);
- reasons for your booking;
- business/company name;
- job title;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Sites, and the site you exit to;
- usernames and passwords that are used for any system/software that we may interact with to fulfil our services;
- bank account details.
How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 and/or GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, for the performance of our services or because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to Our Sites;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Sites;
- Assisting in your booking;
- Informing you of news relating to Our services;
- Supplying Our products and/or services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and/or services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by contacting Us;
- Market research;
- Invoicing you for Our products and/or services;
- Analysing your use of Our Sites and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Sites and your user experience.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you with information, news and offers on Our charitable causes, events, products and/or We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We folly protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (?the EEA?) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and/or submitting information to Us. If We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it woold be within the UK and under the GDPR.
- Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Sites.
Do We Share Your Data?
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Sites including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
How Can You Control Your Data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, when you submit personal data via Our Sites, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. Further, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details and by managing your Account).
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (?the TPS?), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (?the CTPS?), and the Mailing Preference Service (?the MPS?). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of Our Sites without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Sites you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com or using the contact details below in section 14.